WORKPLACE ESSENTIALS COURSES
- An Environmental Audit Primer
- Balanced Scorecard Basics
- Being A Team Player
- Beyond Workplace Politics- Using Social and Emotional Competencies
- Bullying in the Workplace
- Business Ethics for the Office
- Business Process Management
- Code of Conduct- Setting the Tone for Your Workplace
- Continuous Improvement with Lean
- Creating a Positive Work Environment
- Creating a Workplace Wellness Program
- Creating Successful Staff Retreats
- Crisis Management
- Cybersecurity 1- Fundamentals for Employees
- Developing a High Reliability Organization
- Developing a Safety Procedures Manual
- Digital Transformation
- Disability Awareness- Working with People with Disabilities
- Diversity Training- Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
- Employee Accountability
- Encouraging Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Business
- Environmental Sustainability- A Practical Approach to Greening Your Organization
- GDPR Readiness- Getting Your Message Out
- Knowledge Management
- Lean Process Improvement
- Mobbing in the Workplace
- Planning for Workplace Safety
- Process Improvement with Gap Analysis
- Purchasing and Procurement Basics
- Safety in the Workplace
- Six Sigma- Entering the Dojo
- Strategic Planning
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Workplace Harassment- What It Is and What To Do About It
- Workplace Violence
SIX SIGMA: ENTERING THE DOJO
Six Sigma is a set of qualitative and quantitative quality tools that can help a business improve their processes. The efficiency built into the business processes brings about improved profits, confidence and quality. Ultimately this effort is there to ensure customer satisfaction.
The term Six Sigma comes from statistics to indicate that the process outputs fall within three standard deviations from the center (expected value) giving a range of six standard deviations (or 6 sigma- 6 σ). As a result in terms of individual outputs it means you would have 3.4 defects per million items.
This course is designed to introduce students to basic concepts of Six Sigma particularly in continuous process improvement. Various quality tools used in process improvements will be explored as well as the importance of customer relationships. Courses in Lean, quality and teams will provide knowledge on the other aspects of how Six Sigma works. It is a predecessor to studies in Six Sigma Yellow, Green and Black Belt.
What Will Students Learn?
• Describe the seven quality tools to solve process problems
• Describe the various quality management tools
• Describe incremental and breakthrough improvements and understand the methodologies of continuous improvement projects
• Describe the importance of customer relationships in a quality organization
What Topics are Covered?
• Improvement Tools
• Management Tools for Generating Ideas
• Continuous Improvement
• Customer Relationships
• Small, interactive classes
• Specialized manual and course materials
• Personalized certificate of completion
At HomeUni we believe that success is making complex things simple, that is why we have partnered with top universities and awarding bodies around the world to bring you world-class online education at the time that is convenient, at the place that is homey and at the price that is affordable.
COPYRIGHT © 2021 HomeUni. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.